October 21, 2009

Finger Lickin' Fifteen


4 out of 5


PhotobucketThis post is more for my record keeping than review. I used to have a list of the books I've read, with little notes to help with my shoddy memory. Then I killed my hard drive and with it, a good portion of electronic memory. Now, I'm dropping my memory off in the anonymous, public, blogosphere to float in infinity until I need it again. Hopefully the only thing that steals it from me again is the apocalyptic zombie uprising. :)

Back to the book. I can't speak for all of Janet Evanovich's writing, because I tried another series of hers and was a bit underwhelmed, but the Stephanie Plum novels are a lot of fun. Reading them back to back to back can get a little boring, especially when they begin to blend into one and other.

Sure, I may not be able to remember the books in this series independently, but they are a nice, light departure from your average adult novel. It's like watching a sitcom. The stories are silly and the problems are over the top ridiculous. They literally make me laugh out loud while reading. It's nice to pick up one of these books when life is stressful.

Finger Lickin' Fifteen specifically involved a bbq cook off, much more Ranger than Morelli, and the Chipotle killer. Like the others, it was a giggly, fast read and one of my favorite sections involves Stephanie wearing a hot dog costume and her arch nemesis, Joyce:

"Who's the hot dog?" Joyce wanted to know.
"It's Stephanie," Grandma said.
"Figures. I suppose you wanted her to be the hot dog so it would have a nice straight line. Nothing worse than a hot dog with boobs, right?"
I gave Joyce the finger. "Boobs this, Joyce."

/giggle

No comments:

Post a Comment